The MOGbox DLC202 laser diode controller is the world's first all-in-one controller for driving and frequency locking an external cavity diode laser. Every model includes:
- Ultra-low noise diode current source, < 100pA/rtHz, DC to 1MHz
- Temperature controller with Peltier TEC driver
- Scan generator
- Two high-voltage piezo drivers
- Differential low-noise photodetector, 700kHz bandwidth
- Demodulator (lock-in amp)
- AC modulation source (250kHz, 50mA, e.g. for Zeeman dither coil)
- Servo feedback loop filter circuits
- Ergonomic controls, including 4.5 digit display, oscilloscope selectors
- In-laser connection & protection board with high bandwidth modulationx
- Full set of cables and 120 page detailed user-manual
All in one box, based on a single 10-layer PCB (plus the external photodetector and protection/connection circuit board for the laser head).
We have used design principles developed by audio (hifi) fanatics, combined with expertise from designing complex 24-layer circuit boards for the optical fibre communications industry. Test results are superior to anything else available commercially; for example, linewidths as low as 5kHz.
Discover more about our tunable lasers.
See sub-5 kHz ECDL linewidth as demonstrated by a customer using a MOGLabs DLC controller!